Midsumma Carnival Dog Show
Midsumma Carnival 2019, photo by Rod Ceballos
The iconic Midsumma Carnival Dog Show will be back in 2020 on Sunday 19 January, from 3pm on the Picnic Precinct Stage at Alexandra Gardens. This is a fun day out with your pooch, hosted by the fabulous Bettie Bombshell.
Judges will include Ro Allen, Victoria’s First Gender and Sexuality Commissioner and a representative from the City of Melbourne, among others.
You can register your dog for the show on the day from 11am - 2:30pm at the Picnic Information Tent opposite the Picnic Precinct Stage - see “i” symbol in the Picnic Precinct on the Midsumma Carnival map (PDF: 787KB).
Entry is free and the dog show will start at approximately 3pm.
We’ll be searching high and low for winners in the following categories:
- Cutest Bitch
- Sexiest Stud
- Best Trick
- Best Dressed
- Best Owner/Dog Combo
The winners of these five categories will go on to compete to win the Ultimate Best Dog prize.
All category winners will receive a prize pack of dog products from Number 1.
The Ultimate Best Dog winner will also take home a $500 voucher for a professional pet photo shoot from Pupparazzi Pet Photography.
Midsumma Carnival Dog show is supported by:
Pupparazzi is a Melbourne-based professional pet photography service who will come to your pet's home, or favourite park, and capture their unique personality in a series of beautiful pawtraits. www.pupparazzi.com.au
Number 1 is Australia’s leading distributor of premium pet products - healthy people, healthy pets, healthy planet. www.number-1.net.au
Terms and Conditions – Midsumma Carnival Community Dog Show to be held 19 January 2020
1. The Promoter is Midsumma Festival, Ground Level, 77 Southbank Boulevard, ABN: 50 783 159 198. Telephone number 03 9296 6600.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
When to enter
4. The competition commences on 19 January 2020 at 11am and concludes on 19 January 2020 at approximately 4pm AEDT. Entries must be received by the Promoter via the advertised channel and by the advertised time, as published on this website.
How to enter
5. Entrants must enter the competition in advance and in person at Midsumma Carnival on 19 January 2020 at the location advertised above.
Conditions of entry
6. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for their entry and to be in effective and safe control of their dog(s) at all times. All entrants agree to indemnify the promotor and the event sponsors for any incident that may occur as part of the Midsumma Carnival Dog Show.
7. As part of the entry all entrants agree to still or video photography being taken that may be published by the promoter in any form or channel the promotor wishes for promotion of the event or subsequent events.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose dog(s) is deemed by the organisers to not be under effective safe control of the handler at all times.
Prizes on offer
9. Advertised Prizes are listed above.
10. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
11. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
Further Terms and Conditions
12. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the ability for the competition to take place.
13. If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.