Playtime Staged Readings 2019 by Suzanne Balding
Midsumma Festival is committed to protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Privacy Act (1988 CTH) and the Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
This Privacy Statement explains how we use and disclose personal information which we hold about you and the privacy rights you have in relation to that information.
We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement on our website regularly, as this Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
In general, the purposes for which we collect your personal information include:
- to allow you to purchase tickets or register for Midsumma events;
- to place you on our mailing list;
- to deal with any inquiries you have about Midsumma programs and events;
- to be able to inform you of any details about Midsumma;
- for Midsumma-related surveys;
- to inform you of any selected special offers made to ticket buyers of Midsumma by our sponsors, presenters or producers.
At all times, we will take care to ensure that your personal information is protected and treated confidentially and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Your personal information
Personal information we may collect, or which may be held by us about you, may include:
- your name;
- your date of birth;
- your postal address;
- your telephone and mobile phone number;
- your email address;
- your username and password.
We may also collect and hold information about you that is relevant to your Midsumma event or genre interests, and that is relevant to your attendance at the events we hold (including details of your attendance at events), including how you found out about Midsumma and Midsumma Festival events.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you request information from us;
- when you subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists;
- when you purchase tickets through www.midsumma.org.au
- when you make a donation to us;
- when you apply for a membership;
- when you agree to take part in a survey by Midsumma or a Midsumma contracted survey service;
- from the organisations identified below under "When we disclose your personal information";
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- when you otherwise provide information to us, including:
- in writing;
- in person;
- by phone; or
- from your use of our website.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- enable you to purchase tickets and merchandise, including, where applicable, to process your credit card payment transactions (Midsumma do not retain your credit card information);
- enable you to register for Midsumma participant or public events;
- enable you to be contacted by an external presenter of an event you may be participating in;
- enable you to make donations or apply for membership with us, and to contact you regarding donations and memberships;
- send you your tickets to events held at our venues or to send you gift vouchers;
- inform you if events change, or regarding refunds, exchanges where those are permitted;
- gain an understanding of your performing arts and arts-related interests for research purposes, to enable us develop our business to better accommodate those interests; and
- as set out below under the headings "Marketing by Midsumma Festival".
When we disclose your personal information
From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal information to other organisations. Those organisations carry out:
- customer enquiries about their venues at which our events may be staged (for example in the event of a cancelled performance);
- ticket sales and distribution on our behalf.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law.
Marketing by Midsumma Festival
When you create an account with us, including through our website, or when you otherwise provide us with your contact details, we will ask you whether you wish to receive information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing so, we may use your personal information to provide you with information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. We may also ask you marketing questions to enable us to understand how you have heard about Midsumma.
If you later decide that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please let us know by updating your details online through our website www.midsumma.org.au, or by contacting us at the address set out below under the heading "How to contact us".
Disclosure to our presenters
Where you purchase a ticket from us for an event, we will not disclose your details to any third parties, including producers or presenters without your prior permission.
Sale of tickets through third parties
How we deal with your personal information if you apply for a job with us
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, employment and educational background, as well as other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary in the circumstances.
In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
How you can help us to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information you provide to us. To help ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you, we ask that you:
- let us know if you become aware of any errors in the personal information we hold about you; and
- inform us of changes to your personal information, such as changes to your name, address or other contact details.
How you can access your personal information
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing you with access to your personal information.
How to contact us regarding privacy matters
If you have any questions in relation to privacy matters, please contact our privacy officer on [email protected] or 03 9296 6600.
Alternatively, you can write to our privacy officer at:
Midsumma Festival, ground floor 77 Southbank Blvd, Southbank 3006.