Midsumma Festival Dates
Nocturnal X Midsumma: Lunar New Year Disco - photo by Tanya McCulloch
Midsumma Festival 2021
Australia's premier queer arts and cultural festival will return in 2021, for the special one-time dates running between 19 April and 5 May.
Check out the Important Dates on this page for all your key dates.
Want to be part of Midsumma Festival?
There are many opportunities for you to be involved. You can volunteer, present an event as part of our open access program, march in Midsumma Pride March, set-up a stall at Midsumma Carnival or a food truck at either Midsumma Carnival or Midsumma Pride March. If you missed the registration deadlines, subscribe to our eNews to ensure that doesn't happen for the next festival!
Midsumma Year Round
In addition to the well-known festival in January and February, Midsumma is also involved all year round in nurturing artists and creating opportunities for their professional development, with particular emphasis on assisting those in our communities who suffer discrimination or disadvantage.
Registration deadlines and other key dates for Midsumma Festival 2021 are as follows:
- Event Registrations Open: Now
- Event Registrations Close: Monday 14 December 2020
- Your Event Contract Due: 15 January 2021
- Your Venue Hire Agreement Due: 15 January 2021
- Split Ticketing Agreement Due (if applicable): 15 January 2021
- Guide Advertising Closes: Monday 21 December 2020
- Your Event Media Release: 12 February 2021
- Festival Pass Information Due: 12 February 2021
- Access Service Provider Information Due (if required): 12 February 2021
- Request for Midsumma Carnival Roving Rights Due: ???
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate Due: 22 March 2021
- Venue Registrations Open – Open
- Midsumma Festival Info Sessions – TBC
- Event and Venue Registrations Close – 14 December 2021
- Program Launch / Guide Released – March 2021
- Festival Dates: 19 April - 5 May 2021
Midsumma Year Round
See all of the amazing programs, events and initiatives that Midsumma supports year-round.
Australia's circuit of quality LGBTQIA+ festivals provides a unique opportunity to tour the country. It's also a great opportunity for audiences to travel while sampling a diverse and eclectic range of events along the way.