Midsumma Festival Dates
Nocturnal X Midsumma: Lunar New Year Disco - photo by Tanya McCulloch
Midsumma Festival 2021
Australia's premier queer arts and cultural festival will return in 2021, for the special one-time dates running between Monday 19 April and Monday 5 May, with Midsumma Pride March on Sunday 23 May.
Check out the Important Dates on this page for all your key dates.
Want to be part of Midsumma Festival?
There are many opportunities for you to be involved. You can volunteer, present an event as part of our open access program, march in Midsumma Pride March, set-up a stall at Midsumma Carnival or a food truck at either Midsumma Carnival or Midsumma Pride March. If you missed the registration deadlines, subscribe to our eNews to ensure that doesn't happen for the next festival!
Midsumma Year Round
In addition to the well-known festival in January and February, Midsumma is also involved all year round in nurturing artists and creating opportunities for their professional development, with particular emphasis on assisting those in our communities who suffer discrimination or disadvantage.
Registration deadlines and other key dates for Midsumma Festival 2021 are as follows:
- Event Registrations Open: Now
- Event Registrations:
Registrations Stage 1 – closing 14 Dec 2020
If you register your open-access event before 14 Dec we will include your event in the first round of our marketing campaign following the Midsumma Festival 2021 launch event.
Registrations Stage 2 – closing 7 Mar 2021
If you register your open-access event after 14 Dec but before 7 March you do miss out on being a priority listing in the first round of the Midsumma Marketing campaign that will kick off at the launch, but you will still have a dedicated listing on our website and will still be included in our campaign once your event has been processed by the Midsumma team.
* if you see our festival has started (after 19 April) and you still want to join our festival, please email [email protected]. You can register your open-access event with Midsumma Festival at any time, but we're a small team, so it may take up to five days to get you on sale and on our website. We will do our best to get you on sale and included in our marketing campaign as quickly as we can!
- Your Event Contract Due: 15 January 2021
- Your Venue Hire Agreement Due: 15 January 2021
- Split Ticketing Agreement Due (if applicable): 15 January 2021
- Your Event Media Release: 12 February 2021
- Festival Pass Information Due: 12 February 2021
- Access Service Provider Information Due (if required): 12 February 2021
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate Due: 22 March 2021
- Venue Registrations Open – Open
- Midsumma Festival Info Sessions – online - these will be sent to you via email and can be found below in Online Info Session
- Event and Venue Registrations Close – they won't.... please see above
- Program Launch / Guide Released – Thursday 18 March 2021
- Festival Dates: 19 April - 5 May 2021 - Midsumma Pride March 23 May 2021.
Midsumma Year Round
See all of the amazing programs, events and initiatives that Midsumma supports year-round.
Australia's circuit of quality LGBTQIA+ festivals provides a unique opportunity to tour the country. It's also a great opportunity for audiences to travel while sampling a diverse and eclectic range of events along the way.