The list of queer short films
St Kilda Film Festival: 17 – 26 May 2018
Australia's Top 100 Short Films: enjoy a screening of shortlisted films from around the country competing for a $50,000 prize pool.
- First Day: Stars 12-year-old transgender actor Evie Macdonald in her breakout role.
Session 3, Friday 18 May 9.45pm
- Black Lips: A lonely abalone trader is awakened by a longing he’s never explored before...
Session 6, Saturday 19 May 5.15pm
- One Night Only: A gorgeously decked-out partygoer calls out his date for chastising his 'femme' qualities.
Session 9, Sunday 20 May 4.30pm
- Mrs McCutcheon: 10-year-old Tom prefers to wear dresses and to be known as Mrs McCutcheon, although it adds some extra challenges when starting at a new school.
Session 12, Friday 25 May 6.45pm
- Infidels: Three men. An apartment at midnight. Things unspoken.
Session 14, Saturday 26 May 2pm
- Dani Boi: Dani performs onstage as Dani Boi, a non-binary 'dragtivist' with a mission to fight back against oppressive gender norms.
- Disco Dykes: When your sister's a hotdog and your mum's a dyke, what hope do you have of being normal?
Session 16, Saturday 26 May 5.30pm
- Devil Wears a Suit: A Jewish boy must decide whether to 'cure' his homosexuality with an injection or be ostracised from his community.
Proudly presented and produced by the City of Port Phillip, the St Kilda Film Festival supports the Australian film industry by turning the spotlight on a wide range of fascinating works that may not otherwise see the light of day. Exceptional films by both emerging talent and short works by accomplished industry professionals are shown on the big screen, where they look their shiny best.