Midsumma Festival Anti Discrimination Policy
Anti Discrimination Policy
- Midsumma Festival is Victoria's premier queer cultural festival, for and by communities who live with shared experiences around diverse gender and sexuality (DGS or LGBTQIA+). We are a champion of queer cultures, conversations and events.
- As ruled by its constitution, Midsumma Festival is inclusive of and responsive to the lesbian, gay, queer, bisexual, transgendered, intersex and gender diverse members of the wider community.
- Midsumma’s Beyond Values, Identity document recognises Midsumma’s vital role as a cultural connector and influencer; the intersection between people, ideas, stories and experiences; and the organisation’s role in strengthening cultural voices of our communities and broadening the language of our allies.
- As both a curated and an open-access festival, Midsumma invites all members of the LGBTQIA + communities and their Allies to celebrate and participate, while recognising the diversity of opinions and views which exist in these communities.
- All members of these communities have the right to feel safe, supported and included, to have their core human rights of human dignity and equality recognised and honoured, and to be free from discrimination of any kind.
- Midsumma strives to create inclusive, safe cultural and social spaces for LGBTQIA + communities and their Allies, and sees its role in advocating for those spaces more broadly in society.
- Midsumma has a zero tolerance policy with regards to hate, hate speech, bullying and harassment of any kind.
- Therefore, Midsumma will not tolerate any form of discriminatory expression, whether verbal, printed, published digitally or by way of action, which is likely to silence or intimidate any group participating in Midsumma activities.
- Midsumma expects participants and attendees to treat others with respect, courtesy, honesty and fairness, and have proper regard to their rights, safety and welfare.
- Midsumma reserves the right to refuse permission to participate in Midsumma events, or withdraw such permission once given, to any person or organisation who breaches this guideline.